GAY LIFE IN ITALY

Are you a gay guy who speaks English? Stop here! Let us know your experience and read how gay guys from other countries live their being gay
Rispondi
progettogayforum
Amministratore

GAY LIFE IN ITALY

Messaggio da progettogayforum » venerdì 15 maggio 2009, 15:53

admin ha scritto:GAY LIFE IN ITALY, Gay life? Are you kidding?

Gay life? Are you kidding? Gay guys here in Italy aren’t even allowed to speak the word gay. In Italy in schools and also in universities everything is hetero. If you see a guy going hand in hand with his boyfriend, be sure, the guy comes from elsewhere, not from Italy. In Italy everyone is allowed to do everything but the gays. Why? Because in Italy really gays doesn’t even exist, their life is only a virtual internet life. You can search for them whenever you like you’ll never find one in real life places. In Italy you can ask gay guys: “Are you gay?” 99% will respond. “Not at all! I’m just 100% straight!” Italian gay guys sometimes don’t even understand they are gay because of a strictly heterosexual education. What’s the biggest problem for us gay guys in Italy? Clearly to get aware that you aren’t the only gay in the universe! But now Internet helped to change things a lot. Where are Italian gay guys? They are on the net, chatting, searching for love (not only for sex), sometimes helping each other, sometimes happy, sometimes depressed. Is it the same also in your countries? Please let us know!

4k4
Amministratore

Re: GAY LIFE IN ITALY

Messaggio da 4k4 » sabato 16 maggio 2009, 12:53

So depressive but so true.

shelter87

Messaggio da shelter87 » sabato 16 maggio 2009, 15:11

This is really true...fortunately there is internet...it makes life better and better...

markolito

Messaggio da markolito » giovedì 13 agosto 2009, 18:15

I agree that in Italy the chovinist cuture is imposing a certain lack of freedom to gay people, but its also true that the majority of italians live in small cities and villages, guess there are just few cities over a milion of inhabitants, and that doesnt help to create at least a gay sub-culture that coud blossom in a better self awared culture.
Italians in general lack of self esteem and thats another problem, but we are maybe, how surpirsing, a country that, being a little omophobic, allowed a transgender to take a seat in the parliament:how do we explain that? Isnt it a sign of open mindedness??

M

Sciamano
Utenti Storici

Messaggio da Sciamano » giovedì 13 agosto 2009, 23:26

I take this opportunity to write a little in English. Even if I am not good...
Google Translator will help me :D

I think that a transgender to take a seat in the parliament, it's a sign of madness. The characters that are too extreme as Luxuria, "publicizing" their image contribute to distort the normal homosexual reality (which is the most common and hidden).

Also, what happens in politics does not reflect the will of the people. In politics there are the recommended, almost everything is exploited, and (if you are inside) you're always at the service of some selfish power. If you want to know the sensitivity of the people, you must consider the daily life, not politics.

What we need is understanding and relieving people's prejudices without get worse with things like the "gay pride"... I think that normal gay people must live openly (all together). This is almost a "martyrdom" at the beginning. But gradually, people would see how many people there are who are gay and are so normal that if you don't know about them, you don't say they are gay people.

But I first preach well and worked badly. Currently I don't say to anyone that I am homosexual, because I will have serious problems with my family and for other reasons.

Perseo

Messaggio da Perseo » domenica 21 agosto 2011, 3:02

Sad but true. As someone else has already said, we have to focus on Italian society and its lifestyle. Most of us live in small towns or villages (that would be terrible for me, brr) - wealthy ones of course, but a small town is a small town, fact.

Do you really think that villages and the small towns i am talking about are much different in other Countries? Well, i'm not that keen on travelling, but i really don't think so. I am not making extraordinary examples like Scandinavian Countries, which are well known for their open mind, but just looking at the other BIG Countries like France, Germany or even the US (pretty similar situation, i'd say). Only in Big cities gays are allowed to walk hand in hand (not on the law side, obviously. We're all the "same" for it), like here.

Rispondi